Thursday 9 August 2012

Small Blue Thing Trilogy Review!

Love. Death. Memory. Betrayal.
The Thames holds its secrets




Celebrating the end of exams with best friend Grace, 17 year old Alex rescues a swan caught on a wire in the Thames mud and finds an extraordinary bracelet. Through its disturbing and compelling powers, she finds Callum, a soul locked in a half-life of sadness and mystery following a terrible accident, and his persuasive and sinister sister Catherine. As Alex and Callum grow closer despite the enormous obstacle to their love, the dangers mount until Alex must risk everything to save Grace and Callum must risk everything to save Alex.


Wow. This book is just. Wow.
I read this book after seeing a lot of other people seemed to be reading (and loving) it. And I fall into that category. I bought it on my Kindle and I bought the next one as soon as I'd finished because I couldn't wait to see what happened. The characters are all really strong and I actually felt for Alex because of the choices she had to make.
Title: 8/10
Characters: 10/10
Plot: 10/10
Read this book!






Theft. Lies. Love.
Someone wants Alex's life.




Warning: This book is the second book so I might have commented things that will ruin the first book for you.
Still recovering from her earlier brush with death, Alex's source of strength and comfort is Callum, still locked in a sad half-life after drowning in the River Fleet that flows into the Thames. And she needs all the strength and comfort she can get: someone is out to make her life  a misery and someone is out to get the extraordinary bracelet that enables her to communicate with Callum. 



Yet another AMAZING book. All through it I was on the edge of my seat with excitement and, yet again, I bought the next one to carry on reading. When I found out in the last book that Alex had lost her memory, I was so scared and sorry for her but, yay, she's fine! Catherine is one of the strongest characters because she has so many sides and you hardly ever see people like that except in real life which made everything more real and amazing!
Title: 10/10
Characters: 10/10
Plot: 10/10
Make sure you read this too!





Secrets. Courage. Hope. A choice.
Time changes everything.



Alex knows there's a way that she and Callum can be together. Catherine holds the key to unlocking the secret, but she's disappeared. Olivia has answers too, but they're locked deep inside her troubled mind and can't be found. It seems impossible, but Alex can't give up. The question is, how much will she risk to be with the one she loves? Could it be everything?






Well, wow again. It wrapped it the story satisfactorily but I think there could have been an epilogue. The characters all developed really well and they made the story what it is - amazing.
The last chapter was absolutely amazing, although I didn't understand it completely. Again, an epilogue would have helped it a lot, but I guess I'll just have to make up what happened. 
Title: 10/10
Characters: 100/10
Plot: 9.99999/10 
(only the non-epilogue part, would have been a 10 otherwise)


Altogether: 10/10




Oh, I've read Matched by Ally Condie and I'm now on to the sequel - Crossed - because honestly. They are the BEST!
If you don't read this, you are missing out on a LOT!
READ! READ! READ!

Just a long update from me,

1 comment:

If you see a spelling mistake, typing error, want to give me feedback on my blog or you just want to ask me something about the post just comment below!

I will try to answer your questions ASAP!

I will take in your feedback so my blog can be the best it can be!

Just comment below!